February 24, 2007

Latest Children's Ministry Magazine

Here is the online version of the latest Children's Ministry Magazine. I highly recommend you have a look through this. I always find many useful ideas in here. Some things particularly to look at are:

- the age & idea finder. This page will show you what's in the magazine that relates to different age groups.

- the age specific sections:
* ages 3 to 5
* ages 6 to 9
* ages 10 to 12

- the teacher telegram - ideas for you!


Because I really think this magazine is a helpful tool for you I am going to add a fun element here. I am going to give a prize (a cool prize) to the person who can tell me 3 things that they learn by looking in this magazine.

Get cracking & post you replies so I can give you a cool prize!!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Magnetic ministry:
I never really thought about the fact that our kids actually RUN out to sunday club in the mornings. I've always looked at it more as crazy energy to be contained. This energy is actually pretty positive that our kids WANT to be at sunday club and actually enjoy their time there. I guess I'll just start worrying when they schlump in without that bounce in their step.

Footprints:
Now that Mark and I have a new space i like the idea of following footprints with clues to the lesson area. Its a good link between the games in the hall and then settling down to the lesson thats planned. Plus it initiates them learning and focuses their brain before they've even sat down which i think we really need.

Children/youth transition:
Although this is a little way in the future for some of our kids I think its still important to think about now. It would be really good to make sure we have a strong focus on the transition between sunday club age and youth club age because its true that its a time these kids can get lost. Maybe we should think about activities to encourage interaction between the two groups towards the end of the year to make it easier...